Popular Crater lake Destinations
Discover popular Crater lake spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes located on the border between Banyuwangi Regency and Bondowoso Regency of East Java, Indonesia. It is inside an eponymous larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex.
Nevado de Toluca
- Nevado de Toluca is a stratovolcano in central Mexico, located about 80 kilometres west of Mexico City near the city of Toluca. It is the fourth highest of Mexico's peaks, after Pico de Orizaba, Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl. The volcano and the area around it is now a national park.
- The Pizol is a mountain in the Glarus Alps of northeastern Switzerland, overlooking Wangs in the canton of St. Gallen. At 2,844 metres above sea level, it is the highest summit of the chain separating the valleys of the Seez and the Tamina rivers, and the highest mountain lying entirely within the canton of St.
- Pizzo Gallina is a 3,061-metre-high mountain in the Lepontine Alps of Switzerland, overlooking the Nufenen Pass. Administratively, the summit is located on the border between the municipality of Obergoms, to the north-west and in the canton of Valais, and the municipality of Bedretto, to the south-east and in the canton of Ticino.
- Trolltunga is a rock formation situated about 1,100 metres above sea level in Ullensvang Municipality in Vestland county, Norway. The cliff juts horizontally out from the mountain, about 700 metres above the north side of the lake Ringedalsvatnet. Popularity of the hike to Trolltunga and rock formation itself has exploded in recent years. The increased popularity has turned Trolltunga into a national icon and a major tourist attraction for the region. Until 2010, fewer than 800 people hiked to Trolltunga each year.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Crater lake
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
There are many beautiful hikes in Switzerland. But the 5-lake hike in Pizol is just amazing. It is very popular. On weekends there are thousands of people hiking this trail. Not only because it is very accessible. It is also just breathtaking. You can do the hike within 4.5 - 5 hours if you’re in shape. And you can take a swim in some of the lakes, if you dare.
We were on our way to Ijen Volcana in East Java, Indonesia. We were looking for some cool photo spots and my friend Jati, yups we found that. That was so fantastic, we were hiking at 1:00 AM because we wanted seeing sunrise. Then, we found this place.