Popular Dune Destinations
Discover popular Dune spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve
- Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve is an American national park that conserves an area of large sand dunes up to 750 feet tall on the eastern edge of the San Luis Valley, and an adjacent national preserve in the Sangre de Cristo Range, in south-central Colorado, United States.
- Fuerteventura is one of the Canary Islands, in the Atlantic Ocean and is part of the North Africa region, politically part of Spain. At 1,659.74 square kilometres, it is the second largest of the Canary Islands, after Tenerife. As at the start of 2019, Fuerteventura had 116,886 inhabitants. It was declared a biosphere reserve by UNESCO in May 2009. Its capital is Puerto del Rosario.
Duna de Bolonia
- Errachidia is a province located in eastern central Morocco in the region of Dra-Tafilalt. Errachidia is bordered by Algeria to the southeast and by the Moroccan provinces of Figig to the northeast, Midelt to the north, Tinghir to the west, and Zagura to the southwest.
- Razavi Khorasan Province is a province located in northeastern Iran. Mashhad is the center and capital of the province. Other cities are Quchan, Dargaz, Chenaran, Sarakhs, Fariman, Torbat-e Heydarieh, Torbat-e Jam, Salehabad, Taybad, Khaf, Roshtkhar, Kashmar, Rivash, Bardaskan, Nishapur, Sabzevar, Gonabad, Kalat.
- Mangawhai Heads is a township in Northland, New Zealand. Waipu is 21 kilometres northwest, and Mangawhai is 5 kilometres southwest. Mangawhai Heads Beach is an intermediate-level surf beach. The Mangawhai Cliffs Walkway, north of the township, is 4.5 kilometres long and has a lookout point.
- Pismo Beach is a city in the southern portion of San Luis Obispo County, in the Central Coast area of California, United States. The estimated population was 8,213 in 2018, up from 7,655 in the 2010 census. It is part of the Five Cities Area, a cluster of cities in that area of San Luis Obispo County. The "Five Cities" area historically is made up of Arroyo Grande, Grover City, Halcyon, Fair Oaks and Nipomo. Now most people refer to the Five Cities as Grover Beach, Pismo Beach, Shell Beach, Arroyo Grande and Oceano.
- Porto or Oporto, is the second-largest city in Portugal, one of the Iberian Peninsula's major urban areas. Oporto city has a population of 237,559 and a metropolitan area with 2.4 million people in an area of 2,395 km², making it the second-largest urban area in Portugal.
- Moturoa / Rabbit Island is a small island that lies across the southernmost part of Tasman Bay, on the northern coast of New Zealand's South Island. The long narrow island runs east–west for 8 kilometres, and covers 15 km². It lies opposite the mouth of the Waimea River, 7 kilometres to the west of Richmond.
- Sandfly Bay is a sandy bay with large dunes 15 kilometres east of central Dunedin, New Zealand. Located on the southern side of Otago Peninsula, between Seal Point and the Gull Rocks on the western side of Sandymount, Sandfly Bay is a Department of Conservation wildlife reserve frequented by trampers.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Dune
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
A place I used to see every single time I visited Denmark is Blokhus. Although it might be crowded and touristy from time to time in summer it’s extremly enjoyable just to relax sitting in the dunes and watching the people and cars passing by at the beach.