Popular Kayak Destinations
Discover popular Kayak spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
Banff National Park
- Banff National Park is Canada's oldest national park, established in 1885. Located in Alberta's Rocky Mountains, 110–180 kilometres west of Calgary, Banff encompasses 6,641 square kilometres of mountainous terrain, with many glaciers and ice fields, dense coniferous forest, and alpine landscapes.
- Brantôme is a former commune in the Dordogne department in southwestern France. On 1 January 2016, it was merged into the new commune Brantôme en Périgord. It is the seat of the canton of Brantôme. Via Lemovicensis, an old pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela, runs through Brantôme. The commune, which retains its picturesque atmosphere, is situated along the river Dronne.
- In geology, a fjord or fiord is a long, narrow inlet with steep sides or cliffs, created by a glacier. There are many fjords on the coasts of Alaska, Antarctica, British Columbia, Chile, Denmark, Greenland, the Faroe Islands, Iceland, Ireland, Kamchatka, the Kerguelen Islands, New Zealand, Norway, Novaya Zemlya, Labrador, Nunavut, Newfoundland, Quebec, Scotland, South Georgia Island, Staten Island, and Washington state.
- Gorontalo is a city and the capital of the Gorontalo Province, Indonesia. It is on the island of Sulawesi. The city has an area of 79.59 km² and had a population of 179,991 at the 2010 census and 198,539 at the 2020 census; the official estimate as at mid 2021 was 199,788.
- Nordegg is a hamlet in west-central Alberta, Canada within Clearwater County. It is located in the North Saskatchewan River valley in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies, just east of the intersection of the David Thompson Highway and the Highway 734 spur of the Bighorn Highway.
- Solina is a village in Lesko County, Subcarpathian Voivodeship, in south-eastern Poland. It is the former seat of the gmina called Gmina Solina. It lies approximately 15 kilometres south-east of Lesko and 80 km south-east of the regional capital Rzeszów. In 2002 the village had a population of 190.
- Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia and Oceania. Located on Australia's east coast, the metropolis surrounds Port Jackson and extends about 70 km on its periphery towards the Blue Mountains to the west, Hawkesbury to the north, the Royal National Park to the south and Macarthur to the south-west.
- Yangshuo County is a county under the jurisdiction of Guilin City, in the northeast of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China. Its seat is located in Yangshuo Town. Surrounded by karst peaks and bordered on one side by the Li River it is easily accessible by bus or by boat from nearby Guilin.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Kayak
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
This photo was taken in the early morning just as the sun finally came out, during a hiking trip with my sister in the beautiful national park of Banff, Canada. The water was an exquisite turquoise blue and I love the way it contrasts with the bright colors of the canoes. Banff is a place that takes your breath away and it’s hard to capture the beauty in a photo.