Popular Loch Destinations
Discover popular Loch spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- Lake Wānaka is New Zealand's fourth-largest lake. In the Otago region, it is 278 meters above sea level, covers 192 km², and is more than 300 m deep. The original Māori name Oanaka means 'The place of Anaka', a local tribal chief. The town near the foot of the lake is named Wanaka.
- Pokhara is a metropolitan city in Nepal, which serves as the capital of Gandaki Pradesh. It is the country's largest metropolitan city in terms of area and second largest in terms of populations. The city also serves as the headquarters of Kaski District.
- Anchorage is a unified home rule municipality in the U.S. state of Alaska, on the West Coast of the United States. With an estimated 288,000 residents in 2019, it is Alaska's most populous city and contains 39.37% of the state's population; among the 50 states, only New York has a higher percentage of residents who live in its most populous city.
- Bodø is a town in Bodø Municipality in Nordland county, Norway. The town is the administrative centre of Bodø Municipality and of Nordland county. It is located on the Bodø peninsula between the Vestfjorden and the Saltfjorden. Bodø is located just north of the Arctic Circle. It is the largest urban area and town in Nordland county and it is the second-largest town in North Norway.
- Killarney is a municipality located on the northern shore of Georgian Bay in the Sudbury District of Ontario, Canada. Killarney is commonly associated with Killarney Provincial Park, which is a large wilderness park located to the east of the townsite which occupies much of the municipality's expanded boundary.
- Como is a city and comune in Lombardy, Italy. It is the administrative capital of the Province of Como. Its proximity to Lake Como and to the Alps has made Como a tourist destination, and the city contains numerous works of art, churches, gardens, museums, theatres, parks and palaces: the Duomo, seat of the Diocese of Como; the Basilica of Sant'Abbondio; the Villa Olmo; the public gardens with the Tempio Voltiano; the Teatro Sociale; the Broletto or the city's medieval town hall; and the 20th century Casa del Fascio.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Loch
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
I was hiking for round about 100 kilometers in the north of sweden. After a few days I found this little lake on a mountain. In the night I had the unbelievable opportunity to take some pictures of these polar lights over this little lake. After I took this picture I forgot where my tent was. So I walked around for about 2 hours searching my tent. But I found it. So, everything okay. :)
Midnight walk to the lake in Icelandic highlands. Taking a picture of myself again....after running down to the lake in those 10sec that i had with time triger. I put a bit exposure up and contrast. The picture has also hdr over, because lifting shadows didnt do much, since it is a very dark picture to start with. Picture looks a bit magical, but reality was also nice that evening
I snapped this shot as part of a two day trip traveling Skye. Storr was our main focus and I was so happy to manage decent weather! The shot was snapped in a cow field not far from the parking for Storr and even with the bland mid day light I like the image. Skye was incredible and there is so much to see there, if you are close or considering a trip I can not recommend it enough..
A group of us sat next to a fire on Sandy Beach in Juneau. The sun had just set and we saw a cruise ship coming down the channel. A couple of us got up to take photos, fly our drones etc. The light changes this place drastically, just a few minutes earlier I had taken a photo of a pink sky reflected in the shallow beach water, frosting the mountain and tree tops and the tide was around the house.
I had never been to this part of Colorado before. Leadville, Co. My dad went all the time for the fishing and this time I joined him. He was a stormy day which made for some slow driving and un-fun fishing. Made some amazing photos, though. I couldn’t get my eyes off the clouds. I still can’t.
The Scottish Highlands in the early morning, the weather wasn’t the best but the views definitely were. The clouds came rolling in over the mountains for the entirety of the journey to Fort William. The most photos I’ve taken in one sitting for sure.
It’s like magic when it’s time for sun to go down - but sun just says: I’ll stick around. It causes day and night to collide and makes for an unbelievable ambience. The polar day is something unknown to us in Germany and so is this shot my favorite one from my trip through Northern Norway last summer. Unforgettable. Causing me to dream and to wish I was there every time I look at it again.
Over an hour waiting in the freezing wind all for a brief glimpse of light on the land that lasted a mere 5 seconds. That’s what landscape photography is all about! Castle Stalker overlooking Loch Linnhe in the Scottish Highlands.