Popular Mountain pass Destinations
Discover popular Mountain pass spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- Bray is a coastal town in north County Wicklow, Ireland. It is situated about 20 km south of Dublin city centre on the east coast. It has a population of 32,600 making it the ninth largest urban area within Ireland. Bray was a resort town, and its proximity to Dublin make it a destination for tourists and day-trippers from the capital.
Hải Vân Pass
- The Hải Vân Pass, is an approximately 21 km long mountain pass on National Route 1A in Vietnam. It traverses a spur of the larger Annamite Range that juts into the East Sea of Viet Nam, on the border of Đà Nẵng and Thừa Thiên–Huế Province, near Bạch Mã National Park.
- Maloja Pass is a high mountain pass in the Swiss Alps in the canton of Graubünden, linking the Engadine with the Val Bregaglia, still in Switzerland and Chiavenna in Italy. It marks the divide between the Danube and Po watersheds. Lägh da Bitabergh is near the pass. The road from Chiavenna to Silvaplana with distances and elevation: 0 km Chiavenna 333 m 10 km Castasegna 696 m 13 km Promontogno 802 m 16 km Stampa 994 m 18 km Borgonovo 1029 m 19 km Vicosoprano 1065 m 27 km Casaccia 1458 m 32 km Maloja Pass 1815 m 33 km Maloja 1809 m 40 km Sils im Engadin/Segl 1798 m 44 km Silvaplana 1802 m The Maloja Pass is open in winter.
- Oleiros is a municipality in the district of Castelo Branco in Portugal. The population in 2011 was 5,721, in an area of 471.09 km². The present mayor is José Santos Marques, elected by the Social Democratic Party. The municipal holiday is the Monday after the 2nd Sunday of August.
- The Stawamus Chief, officially Stawamus Chief Mountain, is a granitic dome located adjacent to the town of Squamish, British Columbia, Canada. It towers over 700 m above the waters of nearby Howe Sound. It is one of the largest granite monoliths in the world. The Squamish, indigenous people from this area, consider the Chief to be a place of spiritual significance.
- Tenerife is the largest and most populated island of the eight Canary Islands. It is also the most populated island of Spain, with a land area of 2,034.38 square kilometres and 917,841 inhabitants at the start of 2019, 43 percent of the total population of the Canary Islands.
- The Transalpina or DN67C is a 148 km national road located in the Parâng Mountains group, Southern Carpathians of Romania, is one of the highest roads of the Carpathian Mountains. It connects Novaci, south of Parâng Mountains, to Sebeș in the north. It is the highest road in Romania, having the highest point in Urdele Pass.
- Vail is a home rule municipality in Eagle County, Colorado, United States. The population of the town was 5,305 in 2010. The town, home to Vail Ski Resort, the largest ski mountain in Colorado, is known for its hotels, dining, and for the numerous events the city hosts annually, such as the Vail Film Festival, Burton US Open, Vail Resorts Snow Days, and Bravo!