Popular Mountain range Destinations
Discover popular Mountain range spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- Moraine Lake is a glacially fed lake in Banff National Park, 14 kilometres outside the Village of Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada. It is situated in the Valley of the Ten Peaks, at an elevation of approximately 1,884 metres. The lake has a surface area of 50 hectares. The lake, being glacially fed, does not reach its crest until mid to late June. When it is full, it reflects a distinctive shade of azure blue.
Tre Cime di Lavaredo
- The Tre Cime di Lavaredo, also called the Drei Zinnen, are three distinctive battlement-like peaks, in the Sexten Dolomites of northeastern Italy. They are probably one of the best-known mountain groups in the Alps. The three peaks, from east to west, are: Cima Piccola / Kleine Zinne Cima Grande / Große Zinne Cima Ovest / Westliche Zinne.
- Silverthorne Lumber Co. v. United States, 251 U.S. 385, was a U.S. Supreme Court Case in which Silverthorne attempted to evade paying taxes. Federal agents illegally seized tax books from Silverthorne and created copies of the records. The issue in this case is whether or not derivatives of illegal evidence are permissible in court.
- Val d'Isère is a commune of the Tarentaise Valley, in the Savoie department in southeastern France. It lies 5 km from the border with Italy. It is on the border of the Vanoise National Park created in 1963. During the Albertville 1992 Winter Olympics, the Face de Bellevarde was the site of the men's downhill race. Other alpine skiing events held during those games included men's giant slalom and alpine combined.
Yoho National Park
- Banff National Park is Canada's oldest national park, established in 1885. Located in Alberta's Rocky Mountains, 110–180 kilometres west of Calgary, Banff encompasses 6,641 square kilometres of mountainous terrain, with many glaciers and ice fields, dense coniferous forest, and alpine landscapes.
Jasper National Park
- Improvement District No. 12, or Improvement District No. 12, is an improvement district in Alberta, Canada. Located within Jasper National Park in Alberta's Rockies, the improvement district is the municipality that provides local government for the portion of the park outside the Municipality of Jasper.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Mountain range
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
It is a breathtaking landscape that you can see from the Explore hotel in the mettle of the national park Torres del Paine. They say, it is at the end of the world, and you will have a beautiful nature around you. Those are two lies! It is actually, when you get a little accustomed to Patagonia not at the end of the world. The hotel is close to the tourist center of the national park; you are not so alone. The next lie is a wonderful nature will see. This is a huge understatement! It is an utterly breathtaking, mindboggling experience, especially when you have the luck of a blue sky.
Life is full of adventures. This image was created during one of my own adventures on the top of Fronalpstock in Switzerland. During the day thousands and thousands of tourists where passing by this spot. But the last chairlift was running at 5:30pm. Suddently the place became very quiet and calm. The fog started to clear up and reveal the two peaks. This image represents one of the most beautiful sunsets I ever saw.
A few days ago, i drove to the alps with some friends and this was actually the last spot we have been to that day. After about two hours of hiking we had this breathtaking view. When the sunset happened, the light was even better and I took this shot!
We started making a habit of 7 hour twilight treks from Los Angeles to Yosemite Valley for a day get away. We would periodically arrive in the park an hour or so before sunrise and hope to find sleep before the sun illuminated the park. However, sleep often eluded me during these brief rest periods. A tangible excitement kept my soul from sleeping, brewing within me like a spiritual caffeine. I would recline my seat and unsuccessfully attempt to dose off. Inevitably the sun emerged and with it the valley floor coated in a morning mist that floated with mystery waiting to be explored.
As I was descending Black Mountain in Cypress, I witnessed some beautiful light diffraction in the air just after the sunset. This gave me a sky graduated in colors from orange to blue. I used my zoom lens to capture this amazing natural effect.
The image was taken one of my recent hiking trips to Majorca, in the mountain range Serra de Tramuntana. We went fast-packing, minimalistic gear, no tent .. falling asleep under the stars and waking up experiencing this sunrise. The morning light was motivation enough to leave my cozy sleeping bag to capture the image.
Back to 4 sisters mountain area in Sichuan China, I was there climbing mountain last year. This was a 14km trek into changping valley and we camped in Muluozi area, a flat grass grand. In December, it was very cold and windy about -10C. the mountain at back is a technical 5000+ mountain called camel peak.
It was my first time at â€œEmbalse el Yesoâ€�, Santiago de Chile. You have to cross a risky road before arriving. Itâ€™s an amazing place, very isolated, you donâ€™t even have phone signal. I took this photo because it shows how do you feel there. Just you and the giant mountains, like David against Goliath, me against my fears.