Popular Mountain river Destinations
Discover popular Mountain river spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
Yoho National Park
- Banff National Park is Canada's oldest national park, established in 1885. Located in Alberta's Rocky Mountains, 110–180 kilometres west of Calgary, Banff encompasses 6,641 square kilometres of mountainous terrain, with many glaciers and ice fields, dense coniferous forest, and alpine landscapes.
- Takakkaw Falls is a waterfall located in Yoho National Park, near Field, British Columbia in Canada. The falls have a total height of 373 metres, making it the 2nd tallest waterfall in Canada. The main drop of the waterfall has a height of 254 metres. "Takakkaw" translates to "wonderful" in Cree.
- El Bolsón is a town in the southwest of Río Negro Province, Argentina, at the foot of the Piltriquitron Mountain. Due to a series of valleys through the mountains of Chile to the Pacific Ocean, El Bolsón has an unusually mild climate for its southern location.
- Morskie Oko, or Eye of the Sea in English, is the largest and fourth-deepest lake in the Tatra Mountains, in southern Poland. It is located deep within the Tatra National Park in the Rybi Potok Valley, of the High Tatras mountain range at the base of the Mięguszowiecki Summits, in Lesser Poland Voivodeship.
- Chiapas, officially the Free and Sovereign State of Chiapas, is one of the states that make up the 32 federal entities of Mexico. It is divided into 124 municipalities as of September 2017 and its capital city is Tuxtla Gutiérrez. Other important population centers in Chiapas include Ocosingo, Tapachula, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Comitán and Arriaga.
Col de la Cayolle
- Col de la Cayolle is a high mountain pass in the French Alps at the border between the departments of Alpes-Maritimes and Alpes-de-Haute-Provence in France. It connects Barcelonnette in the Ubaye Valley and Saint-Martin-d'Entraunes. It lies parallel to the Col d'Allos and Col de la Bonette in the Parc National du Mercantour. The Var River has its source near the pass. The road leads to the red-rock Gorges de Daluis.
Bow Valley Provincial Park - Kananaskis Country
- The Blue Mountains are a mountainous region and a mountain range located in New South Wales, Australia. The region borders on Sydney's metropolitan area, its foothills starting about 50 kilometres west of centre of the state capital, close to Penrith on the outskirts of Greater Sydney region.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Mountain river
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
On a day trip out to Yoho National park to see Takkakaw Falls I drove across this bridge, and as I was approaching it I knew I'd have to get out and get a photo because of how awesome it is. I just feel like it really works with the mountain, it's got a great aesthetic to me.
Wapta Mountain as seen from the base of Takkakaw Falls in British Columbia, Canada. Takkakaw Falls has a height of 373 metres (1,224 ft), whcih makes it the second tallest waterfall in Canada. The river it feeds runs through Yoho national park and like the rest of the glacial waters, it carries the same incredibly turqouise-green colour.
It takes only 35 U.S. dollars to get a tour from Chengdu, but the price of a sightseeing car needs 20 U.S. dollars. However, the scenery here has exceeded this price. Where you can also participate in Tibetan buffets and shows, a place worth visiting
Daybreak we woke up at a truck stop after crossing the border from Washington State into B.C. late the night before. As we got closer, the mist mountains grew taller and waters crystal blue. Our first taste of this trip was Vermilion Crossing in Kootenay National Park on our way to Banff.
After throwing itself off a cliff a half mile upstream, the Merced river roars under this bridge and down into the gorge beneath Glacier Point. This was taken on a trip from early May 2017. I’ve never seen the water this high. It was absolute insanity. I feel like I have to turn the volume down just looking at this picture.
While camping in the San Isabel National Forest, we made the trek out to see the natural water slides. The water slides are hidden deep in the forest and can only be accessed by an un-marked trail. It’s well worth the hike, as you’re surrounded by some of the most beautiful parts of Colorado.
This photo was taken at hidden falls in Grand Teton National Park. We took the boat shuttle across Jenny Lake right before golden hour and I was very pleased to be greeted with this view after a short hike. I think this photo captures every element of the beauty of the Tetons with the mountain, stream, and forest.
After hiking all day in Banff National Park, we were exhausted and on our way home. We decided to make one more stop and ended up at Takakkaw Falls which was breathtaking. This river flows from the basin of the waterfall towards the mountain in the distance. The final stop of the day was well worth it.
Manali / . . . . . . #love #laugh #live #himalaya #himachalpradesh #Travelblogger #travelling #travelblog #travellife #travelwithme #travelpost #travelstory #explorepage #exploremore #Instagrammer #tourist #satisfying #oddlysatisfying #bloggerlife #newblog #mountains #mountainlife #instagood #instagram #instadaily #virul #toptranding #india #spitivalley