Popular Natural arch Destinations
Discover popular Natural arch spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- Vikings were the seafaring Norse people from southern Scandinavia who from the late 8th to late 11th centuries pirated, raided and traded from their Northern European homelands across wide areas of Europe, and explored westward to Iceland, Greenland, and Vinland.
- Carvoeiro, or more commonly Praia de Carvoeiro, is a town and a former civil parish in the municipality of Lagoa, Algarve, Portugal. In 2013, the parish merged into the new parish Lagoa e Carvoeiro. The population in 2011 was 2,721, in an area of 11.66 km². It is located about 5 kilometres south of Lagoa.
- Lagos is a municipality at the mouth of Bensafrim River and along the Atlantic Ocean, in the Barlavento region of the Algarve, in southern Portugal. The population in 2011 was 31,049, in an area of 212.99 km². The main town of Lagos has a population of approximately 22,000.
- Maria Island, is a mountainous island located in the Tasman Sea, off the east coast of Tasmania, Australia. The 115.5-square-kilometre island is contained within the Maria Island National Park, which includes a marine area of 18.78 square kilometres off the island's northwest coast.
- Moab is a city on the southern edge of Grand County in southeastern Utah in the western United States, known for its dramatic scenery. The population was 5,046 at the 2010 census, and in 2018 the population was estimated to be 5,322. It is the county seat and largest city in Grand County. Moab attracts many tourists annually, mostly visitors to the nearby Arches and Canyonlands national parks.
Murder Hole Beach
- Boyeeghter Strand or Boyeeghter Bay, commonly known as Murder Hole Beach, is a beach situated on the Melmore head peninsula beside Downings in County Donegal, Ireland. It has cliffs, hills, dunes, and small caves. When the tide is in there are two beaches, which merge into one when the tide is out. There is a small tidal island roughly 15 meters from the shore, called Rough Island.
Natural Bridges State Beach
- Portimão is a town and a municipality in the district of Faro, in the Algarve region of southern Portugal. The population in 2011 was 55,614, in an area of 182.06 km². It was formerly known as Vila Nova de Portimão. In 1924, it was incorporated as a cidade and became known merely as Portimão.
Praia da Marinha
- Praia da Marinha is one of the most emblematic beaches of Portugal with Mediterranean climate, located on the Atlantic coast in Caramujeira, in Lagoa Municipality, Algarve, and considered by the Michelin Guide as one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in Europe and as one of the 100 most beautiful beaches in the world.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Natural arch
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
On our x-country travel we stopped at our favorite National Park, Canyonlands in Utah near Moab. In Canyonlands is an arch called Mesa, just a short hike away. We always stop here. Luckily we got here just as the sun was setting and every couple minutes the sky and landscape changes colors. If you squat down, you can make the arch frame the view like so.
Last weekend I was traveling to Matera. I didn’t expected such beauty and history behind. In 2019 Matera will be world city of culture. During the sunset I found this cave, one of the most important thing in Matera and it has perfectly framed the city. You should visit this amazing beauty.
Starting our dirt road trek through Utah we came across what looked like strategically placed boulders scattered across at the feet of this mesa. Over time the weather peeled apart this Mesa releasing giant boulders running down its side. But the mind blowing aspect is how these boulders are able to stand on sediment mounds and balance as such.
For my birthday, we decided to go out of Paris on a roadtrip with my friend. We love exploring the countryside, every road is full of surprises. After arriving at the beach, my friend got her lunch stolen by a seabird (that was a very sneaky attack). Fortunately, the exploration and the view from the cliffs made her day afterwards. It was one of the greatest experience I had in a long time.
Since this is my first picture that I’m uploading here, i’m going to start with one of my favourite images that i have taken. Hope it will be a good start to this journey. This is an image of opening of a cave in south of iran, bushehr, a near 6 thousand year old salt dam.
‘I knew it. I knew right then I messed up. My heart sank as I turned to face the growing noise. There it was, a wall of water speeding straight toward me. I had nowhere to go — having unwittingly backed up against a shear rock face holding a borrowed DSLR in one hand and thousands in gear on my back. Out of options, I spotted my only hope: a short, round boulder that lay alone ahead of me. “This is a terrible idea” I say to myself while clambering on top. Shoving my pack high over my head I lean into the wave with determination. …’ Visit twitter.com/tylerlastovich for the rest :)
This picture was taken when I was heading back home from a mini vacation. While driving I saw this gigantic ruin that used to be a castle. First things first, I parked my car and went down and I believe I took a total of 5 photos. This was one of them! Sometimes that’s all you need!