Popular Northern hardwood forest Destinations
Discover popular Northern hardwood forest spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- The Blue Mountains are a mountainous region and a mountain range located in New South Wales, Australia. The region borders on Sydney's metropolitan area, its foothills starting about 50 kilometres west of centre of the state capital, close to Penrith on the outskirts of Greater Sydney region.
- Bambarakanda Falls is the tallest waterfall in Sri Lanka. With a height of 263 m, it ranks as the 299th highest waterfall in the world. Situated in Kalupahana in the Badulla District, this waterfall is 5 km away from the A4 Highway. The waterfall was formed by Kuda Oya, which is a branch of the Walawe River. The Bambarakanda Falls can be found in a forest of pine trees.
- Bangalore, officially known as Bengaluru, is the capital of the Indian state of Karnataka. It has a population of more than 8 million and a metropolitan population of around 11 million, making it the third most populous city and fifth most populous urban agglomeration in India.
- Carbondale is a city in Jackson County, Illinois, United States, within the Southern Illinois region informally known as "Little Egypt." The city developed from 1853 because of the stimulation of railroad construction into the area. Today the major roadways of Illinois Route 13 and U.S. Route 51 intersect in the city. The city is 96 miles southeast of St. Louis, Missouri, on the northern edge of the Shawnee National Forest. Carbondale is the home of the main campus of Southern Illinois University. The city is the most populous in Southern Illinois outside the St.
Eagle Creek Park
- Lage Vuursche is a village in the municipality of Baarn in the Netherlands. It lies about 5 km west of Soest, surrounded by woods, in the province of Utrecht. In 2001 the village of Lage Vuursche had 139 inhabitants. The built-up area of the town was 0.04 km², and contained 61 residences. The slightly larger statistical district of Lage Vuursche has about 210 inhabitants.
Pinnacle Mountain State Park
- Crowders Mountain State Park is a 5,217-acre North Carolina state park in Gaston County, North Carolina in the United States. It is near Kings Mountain, North Carolina and on the outskirts of Gastonia, North Carolina, it includes the peaks of Crowder's Mountain and The Pinnacle.
- Rudbar is a city and capital of Rudbar County, Gilan Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 11,454, in 3,303 families. Rudbar is 268 kilometres from Tehran and with a variable climate. It is located on the fringes of a valley through which the Sefid River flows. Rudbar can be considered as a gateway to the Gīlān Province from central Iran. Its name is a reference to the river named Sepid Rood that passes by the city. Rudbar is also called "Roodbar Zeitoun" for the olive gardens in the area. Rudbar's local economy notably includes olives and olive-based products. Groves of olive trees surround the city. Olive oil is produced locally. Rudbar is also known for its cream-hued, handcrafted carpets of fine quality. Despite the olive gardens that may suggest presence of a Mediterranean climate, the winters are very cold in the area. The winds in the Sepid Rood valley are well known in the country.