Popular Off-roading Destinations
Discover popular Off-roading spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Stockton Beach is located north of the Hunter River in New South Wales, Australia. It is 32 km long and stretches from Stockton, to Anna Bay. Over many years Stockton Beach has been the site of numerous shipwrecks and aircraft crash sites. In World War II it was fortified against a possible attack by Imperial Japanese forces.
- Bicester Village is an outlet shopping centre on the outskirts of Bicester, a town in Oxfordshire, England. It is owned by Value Retail plc. The centre opened in 1995. Most of its stores are in the luxury goods and designer clothing sector. The centre is the second most visited location in the United Kingdom by Chinese tourists, after Buckingham Palace.
- Cape Spear is a headland located on the Avalon Peninsula of Newfoundland near St. John's in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. At a longitude of 52°37' W, it is the easternmost point in Canada and North America, excluding Greenland. Cape Spear is within the municipal boundaries of the city of St. John's, located about 12 kilometres from downtown St. John's.
- Cerbère is a commune in the Pyrénées-Orientales department in southern France. Its inhabitants are called Cerbériens. The village is best known for the border railway station, Gare de Cerbère, on the French side of the border on the railway line between Perpignan and Barcelona.
- Ameland is a municipality and one of the West Frisian Islands off the north coast of the Netherlands. It consists mostly of sand dunes. It is the third major island of the West Frisians. It neighbours islands Terschelling to the west and Schiermonnikoog to the east. This includes the small Engelsmanplaat and Rif sandbanks to the east. Ameland is, counted from the west, the fourth inhabited Dutch Wadden island and belongs to the Friesland province. The whole island falls under one municipality, which carries the same name.
Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park
- Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park, known locally as Taman Nasional Bromo Tengger Semeru is a national park located in East Java, Indonesia, to the east of Malang and Lumajang, to the south of Pasuruan and Probolinggo, and to the southeast of Surabaya, the capital of East Java.
- Bangalore, officially known as Bengaluru, is the capital of the Indian state of Karnataka. It has a population of more than 8 million and a metropolitan population of around 11 million, making it the third most populous city and fifth most populous urban agglomeration in India.
- The American badger is a North American badger, similar in appearance to the European badger although not closely related. It is found in the western and central United States, northern Mexico, and south-central Canada to certain areas of southwestern British Columbia.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Off-roading
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
early in the morning after very long day (up for more than 18 hours that day) I finished all my photo job for my Dakar team Agrorodeo from Lithuania. It was time to sleep, but decided to go in to the edge of bivouac and to try to do nice night shoot with the truck i sow earlier. spend some time do get right composition and other technical things, and then two more hours step by step editing the picture. i was finished it probably 10 times, but every time i found something to fix it. here is the final result, even i still se some things i could make different now :)
We are in holiday, so we decided to do a trip in Malang. This is one of the places we are headed. We were on Mount Bromo, it was 7:00am in the morning in Malang. So cold ! To many story in here, i had some promise what i’ve bought in here so i keep that promise and now i already missed it. Lovely places lovely friends and good story.
Un camión, fabricado hace muchísimos años, sirviendo en su trabajo, cada día, todos los días. Transformado en parte del paisaje, cuasi camuflado entre el oxido de la tierra y el propio, pero tan vigente como el primer momento en el que lo pusieron en marcha. Maquinas hechas para el trabajo, para durar.
Daniel, tour guide extraordinaire. Daniel guided us around Lewa Conservancy. Nearly all the photos I took at Lewa were a result of his amazing skills as a guide. I have worked as a naturalist tour guide in Australia for nearly 18 years, and I would rate the guides I met in Africa as among the best of the best in the world.Thank you, Daniel, for a marvelous time at Lewa!
I took my Discovery up the canyon to find some trail and snow and ran into another photographer and land rover enthusiast whom I’ve followed for some time. He was out shooting this Defender 110 and allowed me to jump in and shoot it. Such a beautiful vehicle. It was cold, as this was the first snow here in Utah for the year. I didn’t expect to see snow at this level but it really made for a great aesthetic for the photos of this off road machine. I shot this on a Leica SL Typ 601 with a 24-90 f2.8, the best mirrorless camera I have ever used.
My camera was out of battery as I have taken so many photos as I drive along the road in Iceland. I ended up using iPhone and it turns out to be my favorite photo. More Iceland story at: https://www.roadtripwithraj.com/on-the-road/2018/2/2/i-am-learning-to-trust-the-road-ahead-wherever-it-may-lead