Popular Old-growth forest Destinations
Discover popular Old-growth forest spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
Hoge Veluwe National Park
- Nationaal Park De Hoge Veluwe is a Dutch national park in the province of Gelderland near the cities of Ede, Wageningen, Arnhem and Apeldoorn. It is approximately 55 square kilometers in area, consisting of heathlands, sand dunes, and woodlands. It is situated in the Veluwe, the area of the largest terminal moraine in the Netherlands. Most of the landscape of the park and the Veluwe was created during the last Ice Age.
- Haren is a town and a former municipality in the northeastern Netherlands located in the direct urban area of the City of Groningen. Haren is a typical commuting municipality with many wealthy inhabitants. It lies on the northern part of a ridge of sand called the Hondsrug.
- Keuruu is a town and municipality of Finland. It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Central Finland region. The municipality has a population of 9,543 and covers an area of 1,430.57 square kilometres of which 172.4 km² is water. The population density is 7.58 inhabitants per square kilometre. The town center and Haapamäki village are both the most populated places in Keuruu. Neighbouring municipalities are Jämsä, Multia, Mänttä-Vilppula, Petäjävesi, Virrat and Ähtäri. The municipality is unilingually Finnish. The municipality of Pihlajavesi was consolidated with Keuruu in 1969.
- Lausanne is the capital city and biggest town of the canton of Vaud in Romandy, Switzerland. A municipality, it is situated on the shores of Lake Léman. It faces the French town of Évian-les-Bains, with the Jura Mountains to its north-west. Lausanne is located 62 kilometres northeast of Geneva.
Muir Woods National Monument
- Muir Woods National Monument is a United States National Monument managed by the National Park Service, named after naturalist John Muir. It is located on Mount Tamalpais near the Pacific coast, in southwestern Marin County, California. It is part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, and is 12 miles north of San Francisco.
- Munich is the capital and most populous city of Bavaria, the second most populous German state. With a population of around 1.5 million, it is the third-largest city in Germany, after Berlin and Hamburg, and thus the largest which does not constitute its own state, as well as the 11th-largest city in the European Union.
Parc de Coulondres
- Gaurishankar is currently referred to as Ward No. 9 under Gaurishankar Rural Municipality in Bagmati Pradesh, Dolakha District of Nepal. At the time of the 1991 Nepal census it had a population of 1392 people living in 291 individual households. There are divided to 3 villages which are Tasi Nam, simi gau and beding.
- Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia and Oceania. Located on Australia's east coast, the metropolis surrounds Port Jackson and extends about 70 km on its periphery towards the Blue Mountains to the west, Hawkesbury to the north, the Royal National Park to the south and Macarthur to the south-west.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Old-growth forest
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
We were on our way to ungaran mount, it was 06.30am in the morning in ungaran. We were looking for some cool photo spots and my friend ran toward the towering pine trees. The photo makes me feel relaxed, in a city that never sleeps and full of strees but in here quiet and relax.
Pondi Diaries ( 22 of many ) . . . #animal_captures #animals_in_world #splendid_animals #animals_captures #animal_fanatics #animalelite #animal_sultans #animal_sultans #wildlifephotography #wildlifephotography #birdphotography #wildlifephoto #wildlifelovers #earthfocus #wildlifeplanet #wildlifeonearth #wildlifeaddicts #natgeowild #natgeo #natgeohub #natgeowildlife #natgeopl #natgeowild_hd #natgeoru #natgeopix #wildlifeperfection #trees #hug #treehugging
Amazing it was seeing from the top these mountaineers, well they are my buddies, feeling every second moment of that tiring experience. Imagine we walked more than 50-kilometer and yet still counting. Thank goodness for the shades we got from the generous pine trees, and for the fresh air. We felt relived.