Popular Pier Destinations
Discover popular Pier spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- Phuket is a city in the southeast of Phuket island, Thailand. It is the capital of Phuket Province. As of 2007 the city had a population of 75,573. It covers the subdistricts Talat Yai and Talat Nuea of Mueang Phuket District. Phuket is 862 km south of Bangkok.
- Andernos-les-Bains is a commune in the Gironde department in southwestern France. Andernos-les-Bains is a located on the northeast shore of Arcachon Bay. To its northwest is the town of Arès. Andernos-les-Bains consists of four other small communities: Taussat, Cassy, Lanton and Audenge. All these villages are characterized by their oyster farms and small fisheries. For many years, the oyster and fishing industry provided the main income to the area. More recently, tourism has become a strong economic factor in the area.
Strait of Malacca
- Piracy in the Strait of Malacca has long been a threat to ship owners and the mariners who ply the 900 km-long sea lane. In recent years, coordinated patrols by Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Singapore along with increased security on vessels have sparked a sharp downturn in piracy.
- The City of Victoria, often called Victoria City or simply Victoria, was the de facto capital of Hong Kong during the British colonial period. It was initially named Queenstown but was soon known as Victoria. It was one of the first urban settlements in Hong Kong and its boundaries are recorded in the Laws of Hong Kong. All government bureaux still have their head offices located within its limit. Present-day Central is at the heart of Victoria City.
- Santa Monica is a beachfront city in western Los Angeles County, California, United States. Situated on Santa Monica Bay, it is bordered on three sides by different neighborhoods of the city of Los Angeles: Pacific Palisades to the north, Brentwood on the northeast, West Los Angeles on the east, Mar Vista on the southeast, and Venice on the south.
- Athens is the capital and largest city in Greece. Athens dominates the Attica region and is one of the world's oldest cities, with its recorded history spanning over 3,400 years and its earliest human presence started somewhere between the 11th and 7th millennium BC.
- Antalya is the fifth-most populous city in Turkey and the capital of Antalya Province. Located on Anatolia's southwest coast bordered by the Taurus Mountains, Antalya is the largest Turkish city on the Mediterranean coast outside the Aegean region with over one million people in its metropolitan area.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Pier
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
If you look right you’ll see that it was raining when I took this photo. We spent some times exploring the area of this magical place and finally needed to stay in a little & cosy cabin. Clouds & rain gave us a perfect moment to catch. Moody weather is definitely my favorite one to take photographies.
I remember getting out of the car and looking out towards the pier to see how busy it was. There were lots of families and people taking photos near or under the pier. After 37 minutes of waiting, I fired off a series of 21 shots hoping that I didn’t get people in the frame. This shot was one of a few that didn’t have people. The photo makes me feel calm, mainly because it was so busy at the time I took this.
The very first bathhouse in Borgholms harbor was built in 1865 in the eastern part of the harbor and was a combined hot and cold bathhouse. A cold bathhouse in the western part of the harbor was only clear in 1882, in the same place where the current cold bathhouse stands. The building was constructed according to drawings by engineer John Löfmark, Kalmar. It was devastated by a storm in February 1934, but was rebuilt the same year, in a smaller size, ready to open for midsummer. This is still the same structure today, and has to be experienced if you visit the island of Öland.
An abandoned dock at sunset in a quiet bay north west of Koh Chang. It was great to explore some of the more quiet spots on the island, away from the many busy main resorts. We clearly weren’t the only ones to enjoy the views over there. Where was the most peaceful spot you’ve been to?
Everytime when I’m going back to Mt. Fuji it feels like it’s the first time visiting. This time was special because my daughter is already 2 years old and she seems to understand more. When someone asks me what to visit around Tokyo, I always recommend Fuji-San. It’s easy to reach and impossible not to love.