Popular Recreational fishing Destinations
Discover popular Recreational fishing spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- Anna Maria is a city in Manatee County, Florida, United States. The population was 1,503 at the 2010 census. According to the 2018 U.S. Census Bureau's estimates, the city grew slightly to 1,749. The city occupies the northern part of Anna Maria Island and is one of three municipalities on the island. The others are Holmes Beach in the center and Bradenton Beach in the south. Anna Maria is part of the Bradenton–Sarasota–Venice Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Arnavutköy is a town and rural district in Istanbul Province, Turkey. The district was newly formed in 2008 from the large rural part of Gaziosmanpaşa district and parts of other districts, including Çatalca. The mayor is Ahmet Haşim Baltacı of the AKP.
- Gladesville Bridge is a heritage-listed concrete arch road bridge that carries Victoria Road over the Parramatta River, linking the Sydney suburbs of Huntleys Point and Drummoyne, in the local government areas of Canada Bay and Hunter's Hill, in New South Wales, Australia.
- Haliç University is a foundation university, which was founded in 1998 by the Children Leukemia Foundation in Turkey. Haliç University offers 21 academic departments in its five faculties, with three schools, School of Nursing, School of Physical Education and Sport and School of Health Sciences and Conservatory.
- Hovden is a fishing village in Bø Municipality in Nordland county, Norway. The village is located at the northern tip of a peninsula on the island of Langøya, on the west side of the Malnesfjorden. The ocean lies to the north and west of the village. The road that goes to Hovden ends at the village.
- Härnösand is a locality and the seat of Härnösand Municipality in Västernorrland County, Sweden with 17,556 inhabitants in 2010. It is called "the gate to the High Coast" because of the world heritage landscape just a few miles north of Härnösand. Härnösand is the seat of the Diocese of Härnösand.
- Jakarta, officially the Special Capital Region of Jakarta, is the capital and largest city of Indonesia. Situated on the northwest coast of the world's most populous island of Java, it is the centre of economy, culture and politics of Indonesia with a population of more than ten million as of 2014.
- Kitsilano is a neighbourhood located in the city of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Kitsilano is named after Squamish Chief August Jack Khatsahlano, and the neighborhood is located in Vancouver's West Side along the south shore of English Bay, between the neighborhoods of West Point Grey and Fairview.
- Kulon Progo Regency is one of the four regencies within the Yogyakarta Special Region, Indonesia. It is located on the island of Java. The regency's name stems from the fact that it is situated to the west of the Progo River. The capital is Wates. The greatest part of the population of the regency work as farmers. Kulon Progo is surrounded by the Menoreh Hills. The area of the regency is 586.27 km², and the population was 388,755 at the 2010 Census; the latest estimate is 404,155.
- Lake Tekapo is a small town located at the southern end of the lake of the same name in the inland South Island of New Zealand. It had 369 residents according to the 2013 census, being one of five settlements in the sparsely populated Mackenzie Basin. SH 8 runs directly through the township – 227 km from Christchurch and 256 km from Queenstown. Daily shuttle services link Lake Tekapo to Christchurch and Queenstown. The lake is a popular tourist destination, and several resort hotels are located at the township. Lake Tekapo Airport is located 5 km west of the town. Chartered flights are available at locally based Air Safaris. Twizel lies 60km south of Lake Tekapo via Lake Pukaki and Burkes Pass lies 21km west along state highway 8.
- The River Feale rises near Rockchapel in the Mullaghareirk Mountains of County Cork in the southwest of Ireland and flows northwestwards for 75 kilometres through Abbeyfeale in County Limerick and Listowel in County Kerry before finally emptying into Cashen Bay, a wide estuary north of Ballyduff.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Recreational fishing
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
We started hiking the Iceline trail with every intention of finishing it, but the weather had other plans. Rain, hails, snow - the further we hiked along the exposed and rugged trail, the more unpredictable the weather got. So we decided to turn back and cut off the trail to head to Yoho Lake instead. Taking cover under the massive pine trees, the rain slowly tapered off until it stopped all together leaving the lake with a glasslike surface that allowed not only for reflections of the trees and mountain, but all of our thoughts as well. “Model” - @dannykashh
I was covering the MeghaKayak festival in Meghalaya, India. Sometime in the afternoon, this chap shows up and starts fishing, while the organisers are trying to shoo him away, because his line might get caught with the kayakers coming down the river. First time I saw a fisherman fishing in rapids, so well decked and prepared, and took a shot during my break.
I was on assignment in a beach near La Paz, Mexico. After I finished the photoshoot I was there to do, the sun was coming down and a group of local fishermen arrived I stayed a while to watch the sunset and the fishermen stood in front of me creating this wonderful image
We had just arrived in Guilin by high-speed train, in the pouring rain. After a couple of hours the rain stopped, and as our hotel was just across the road from the Li RIver, we went exploring on foot. Just before we walked down the steps to this path I noticed this elderly gentleman looking very serene with his fishing gear, and the calm, opaque waters of the river looked mysterious. Apart from some cropping, I didn’t adjust the image.