Popular River Destinations
Discover popular River spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia and Oceania. Located on Australia's east coast, the metropolis surrounds Port Jackson and extends about 70 km on its periphery towards the Blue Mountains to the west, Hawkesbury to the north, the Royal National Park to the south and Macarthur to the south-west.
- Bali is a province of Indonesia and the westernmost of the Lesser Sunda Islands. Located east of Java and west of Lombok, the province includes the island of Bali and a few smaller neighbouring islands, notably Nusa Penida, Nusa Lembongan, and Nusa Ceningan.
- San Clemente is a coastal city in Orange County, California, United States. The population was 63,522 in at the 2010 census. Located on the California Coast, midway between Los Angeles and San Diego, the southernmost city of Orange County is known for its ocean, hill, and mountain views, a pleasant climate and its Spanish colonial-style architecture.
- Calgary is a city in the western Canadian province of Alberta. It is situated at the confluence of the Bow River and the Elbow River in the south of the province, in an area of foothills and prairie, about 80 km east of the front ranges of the Canadian Rockies, roughly 299 km south of the provincial capital of Edmonton and approximately 240 km north of the Canada–United States border.
- Gavrilov Posad is a town and the administrative center of Gavrilovo-Posadsky District in Ivanovo Oblast, Russia, located on the Voymiga River at its confluence with the Irmes River, 85 kilometers southwest of Ivanovo, the administrative center of the oblast.
Travelers Tips and Stories about River
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
Just after sunrise we found this location in the center of the valley with a beautiful view of Yosemite Falls. Right now all the waterfalls are flowing from all the snow this winter. They should be flowing year round. Five of us friends took a one day road trip to make it for sunrise at Yosemite, slept during the day in our hammocks, and then shot sunset and night photos.
Alleppey or Alappuzha which is also known as the Venice of the east because of its beautiful water bodies and great culture. The place which is renown for the backwaters and beautiful villages that pack the most scenic and memorable trips also have the following specialty with its most commented houseboat cruises. Living in a houseboat in Alleppey is a captivating experience. Floating on serene backwaters, passing through bent mangroves and beautiful scenery, with wafting aroma of coconuts beautiful scenery is nothing short of a dream escape.
I took this picture in the Pyrenees (France) during an off-trail exploration of the natural park. One morning, after a cold night in the tent, we were surrounded by mist; a delicate fog imposed his silence. At one point, a bit of light managed to emerge, spreading the cloud and cutting out the subtle reflection of the surrounding nature on the lake ! One of my best moment in mountain ! For Fujifeed and unsplash Contest. Category: Light
I went on a little adventure with my friends. We went to the Rheinschlucht (aka the swiss grand canyon). I brought my drone and took it for a flight. Everything went good. Later we went to another place too shoot the rheinschlucht from a new perspective. I flown my drone again. Unfortunately I crashed this time - on the other side of the river - My friend did exactly the same 5 minutes later. Wasn’t a good drone day.
Before we went to Iceland we had seen impressive photos of a canyon south of Vik called Fjaðrárgljúfur. Looked really interesting so we decided to go and see what it is all about. And yes, Fjaðrárgljúfur was really breath taking. You need to make a stop here if you are in the area.
As I am exploring Mallorca with 2 of my friends after graduating from german high school, I decided to focus on aerial photos and videos. These serpentines amazed me. It was fun to drive down this road and even more fun to explore it with my drone from above.