Popular Road trip Destinations
Discover popular Road trip spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- Tehran is the capital of Iran and Tehran Province. With a population of around 8.7 million in the city and 15 million in the larger metropolitan area of Greater Tehran, Tehran is the most populous city in Iran and Western Asia, and has the second-largest metropolitan area in the Middle East.
- California is a state in the Pacific Region of the United States. With 39.5 million residents across a total area of about 163,696 square miles, California is the most populous U.S. state and the third-largest by area, and is also the world's thirty-fourth most populous subnational entity, and is the most populated subnational entity in North America.
- Toronto is the provincial capital of Ontario and the most populous city in Canada, with a population of 2,731,571 as of 2016. Current to 2016, the Toronto census metropolitan area, of which the majority is within the Greater Toronto Area, held a population of 5,928,040, making it Canada's most populous CMA and the fourth most populous city in North America.
- Scotland is a country that is part of the United Kingdom. Covering the northern third of the island of Great Britain, mainland Scotland has a 96 mile border with England to the southeast and is otherwise surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the north and west, the North Sea to the northeast and the Irish Sea to the south.
- New York City, often called The City or simply New York, is the most populous city in the United States. With an estimated 2019 population of 8,336,817 distributed over about 302.6 square miles, New York is also the most densely populated major city in the United States.
- The Blue Mountains are a mountainous region and a mountain range located in New South Wales, Australia. The region borders on Sydney's metropolitan area, its foothills starting about 50 kilometres west of centre of the state capital, close to Penrith on the outskirts of Greater Sydney region.
- The Azores, officially the Autonomous Region of the Azores, is one of the two autonomous regions of Portugal. It is an archipelago composed of nine volcanic islands in the Macaronesia region of the North Atlantic Ocean, about 1,360 km west of continental Portugal, about 1,500 km west of Lisbon, in continental Portugal, about 1,500 km northwest of Morocco, and about 2,500 km southeast of Newfoundland, Canada.
Blue Ridge Mountains
- The Blue Ridge Mountains are a physiographic province of the larger Appalachian Mountains range. The mountain range is located in the eastern United States, and extends 550 miles southwest from southern Pennsylvania through Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Road trip
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
One of the last auroras for this winter. Driving a country road, while sky started to explode, so a stop was a must. Night was dark and F4 lens needed an extra ISO to make it work. This is what came out....shadows were lifted and brightness also a bit, exposure worked with 20 seconds so there are startrails visible if zoomed in.
Summer Weekend Mornings in North Greece are always a good chance for our Family to Visit Little Village of the Area and enjoy some Greek Coffee and Cookies on a “Kafeneio” (Small Local Cafe). What follows is a nice Road Trip around and exploring “Gem Locations” like this one here. Read more: https://shinyhoney.com/blog-outfits-exploring-florina-area.html
I spent the last 15 days of March in Malaysia traveling around, and this road structure is one of the best thing I saw in Malaysia this time.. It was just 24 km away from where I stayed, the Grand Hyatt KL. A friend dronist in Malaysia showed me this place. I always wanted to get a shot like this and finally now I have.
Where will the road take you? It depends which way you go. Now, this road took me to the Wrangell St. Elias National Park in Alaska. It is by far the biggest National Park we have. I would recommend going in the warmer months as this was taken at about 3 degrees. I’m on IG @bryangoffphoto Stop by and say hi!
I was on vacation in Dubai last week and went to the top of the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world at just over half a mile high. I looked down and took this photo of the road network around it. Absolutely mind-boggling how they construct all these huge roads and networks.
I’ve spent the last 10 months in New Zealand and believe me, the South Island is one of the most craziest thing you will ever see. As we were driving to Mt. Cook (highest summit in NZ) we had to drive along this more than scenic road. First you’ll drive by Lake Pukaki and his blue water coming from the glacier, then every turn, every inch of this road will make you stop and enjoy life as it is. Please, go to New Zealand, you won’t regret it.