Popular Underwater Destinations
Discover popular Underwater spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- St James Power Station is a building in the HarbourFront area of the Bukit Merah Planning Area in Singapore. Built in 1926, it was Singapore's first power station and supplied electricity to the nearby port and the surrounding industries, shipyards and residences.
Ripley's Aquarium of Canada
- Ripley's Aquarium of Canada is a public aquarium in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The aquarium is one of three aquariums owned and operated by Ripley Entertainment. It is located in downtown Toronto, just southeast of the CN Tower. The aquarium has 5.7 million litres of marine and freshwater habitats from across the world.
- Cozumel is an island and municipality in the Caribbean Sea off the eastern coast of Mexico's Yucatán Peninsula, opposite Playa del Carmen. It is separated from the mainland by Cozumel Channel and is close to the Yucatán Channel. The municipality is part of the state of Quintana Roo, Mexico.
Aquarium of Genoa
- The Aquarium of Genoa is the largest aquarium in Italy. Located in the old harbor area of Genoa, Italy, the 33,000-square-foot aquarium is a member organization of the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria, and welcomes more than 1.2 million visitors each year.
- Shelly Beach is a coastal suburb of the Central Coast region of New South Wales, Australia, located east of Tuggerah Lake and bordering the Pacific Ocean south of The Entrance. It is part of the Central Coast Council local government area. It is 66 km south of Newcastle & 93 km north of Sydney.
- Toronto is the provincial capital of Ontario and the most populous city in Canada, with a population of 2,731,571 as of 2016. Current to 2016, the Toronto census metropolitan area, of which the majority is within the Greater Toronto Area, held a population of 5,928,040, making it Canada's most populous CMA and the fourth most populous city in North America.
- Zarautz is a coastal town located in central Gipuzkoa, in Spain. It is bordered by Aia to the east and the south and Getaria to the west. It has four enclaves limiting the aforementioned municipalities: Alkortiaga, Ekano, Sola, and Arbestain. It's located about 15 kilometres west of San Sebastián. As of 2014, Zarautz has a population of 22,890, which usually swells to about 60,000 in the summer.
- Tāwharanui Peninsula is a finger of land projecting into the Hauraki Gulf from the east coast of the much larger North Auckland Peninsula of New Zealand. It separates Omaha Bay to the north from Kawau Bay and Kawau Island to the south. The nearest sizable town is Warkworth.
- Tenerife is the largest and most populated island of the eight Canary Islands. It is also the most populated island of Spain, with a land area of 2,034.38 square kilometres and 917,841 inhabitants at the start of 2019, 43 percent of the total population of the Canary Islands.
- La Rochelle is a city in western France and a seaport on the Bay of Biscay, a part of the Atlantic Ocean. It is the capital of the Charente-Maritime department. The city is connected to the Île de Ré by a 2.9-kilometre bridge completed on 19 May 1988. Its harbour opens into a protected strait, the Pertuis d'Antioche.
Red Sea Governorate
- Ko Lipe is a small island in the Adang-Rawi Archipelago of the Strait of Malacca, in Satun Province of southwest Thailand, close to the Malaysian border. The Thai name is transliterated in many different ways into English. The most common names are "Koh Lipe", "Koh Lipeh", "Ko Lipey", and "Ko Lipe".
Travelers Tips and Stories about Underwater
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
I took this photo a few days ago, during my holidays in Minorca, a tiny island where I was born. It’s been almost five years since I left my home now. I stumbled upon this empty shell while I was scuba diving and I asked my girlfriend to hold it so I could take a photo of it. My intention was to capture a bit of the essence of my island: humanity and nature together in the middle of the sea. Poetic but simple at the same time.
This surfer, waiting for good surf, near the Skagsanden Beach on Lofoten islands. He’s wearing a wetsuit because this was actually taken in winter, and the water is freezing cold. Buy awesome, limited edtition, photo prints: handpictphoto.com
It doesn’t seem like it at first glance, but this picture was taken in the northern part of Norway, on Lofoten islands, which are located above the arctic circle. And it was early February when I visited, so the sea being very cold too. Buy awesome, limited edtition, photo prints: handpictphoto.com
This is my first time attending to Holi Festival and It was a Blast ! I saw this little girl was playing colors with her family. I saw this moment where she was smiling and the background was busy and super loud with those EDM music. I knee down and captured this moment. Everyone were stepping my leg and i was like yo i must get the shot. It was worth it. Thank you to this little girl :) . I love this shot so much.
Just as I was finishing my dive, disappointed with the photographs I made, I ran into these guys. School trevallies. Wave surge was hitting me hard but I manage to take few photos before I ran out of air. I was happy with the photos but I was more happy to see them.
We rented a boat on the Greek island of Zakynthos, and we came across something that was actually pretty rare for that time of the year on that part of the island. A turtle. These guys are endangered, but around this island they thrive. We hopped in and immediately noticed the fishing line wrapped around its flippers. We wanted to help it and get it off, but it wouldn’t let us get close enough to help unfortunately.
- Part of a 30 days streak of Unsplash uploads - First time camping in over 15 years. You bet I was going to look up to the sky and see… Jp Valery is one of the best photographers in Montréal, QC. He’s a self-taught photographer passionate by his craft. He’s available for hire - no projects are too big or too small - and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t hesitate to contact Jp Valery if you’re looking for a talented photographer in Montreal, Quebec with great photography services.